Training Policies & Information
General information and FAQ related to training courses as well as the FitSUP cancellation policy.
FitSUP Course FAQ and General Information
What should I wear?
- There is always a chance you may fall in the water so consider what fabric your clothes are made from – quick dry is best. NO COTTON!!!
- Sunglasses (if designed for watersport (i.e. have retaining strap that you can swim with))
- Watershoes / sandals / flip flops
- Dress for the weather - layers are welcome as they can always be removed even while on the water.
What should I bring with me if I'm renting equipment from FitSUP?
- Change of clothes
- Waterproof case for keys and cellphone (if you own one)
- Water bottle
- An adventurous spirit!
I’m not renting FitSUP equipment – what do I need to bring in addition to the above?
- Transport Canada / Canadian Coast Guard approved PFD
If you are missing a piece of equipment please email firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours prior to your lesson so that appropriate arrangements are made.
What to leave at home or locked in your vehicle?
- Cell phone
- Camera – unless waterproof
- Expensive sunglasses
- Anything you may loose if you flip your board and end up in the water.
*FitSUP and it’s instructors are NOT responsible for lost or stolen items while on the water or left in vehicles.
Do I need to wear a wetsuit?
A wetsuit is NOT required for this activity between June-September. If you own a wetsuit and feel you will be cold on/in the water you are welcome to wear one.
*Wetsuits are NOT rented or provided by FitSUP.
PLEASE double check the location confirmed and arrive 15 minutes prior to your lesson to arrange your rental.
PLEASE make sure you have electronically completed and signed both the medical form and the Waiver.
Any lessons, classes or clinics can be cancelled for a full refund upto 24 hours before the lesson.
In the event of a cancellation by FitSUP, the program will be rescheduled or a full refund will be issued.
FitSUP reserves the right to cancel any program at any time.